Welcome to the website of the new Platt Memorial Hall which was officially opened on 3 September 2016 and available for a variety of uses for the local community and also those further afield.
The new building replaces the old Platt Memorial Hall which was built in 1922 and stood on the corner of the Maidstone Road and Long Mill Lane. To find out more information about this building, or the history of the war memorial and the names commemorated on the bronze tablets, please choose the ‘war memorial’ link in the menu above.
Both the committee room and the main hall are available for hire for private and commercial use. There are also a number of regular activities held at the Hall throughout the week, details of which will be added to the website in due course. If your enquiry is related to making a booking, or an existing reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise, please use the contact form below or email email@example.com.
Platt During Summer 1917 Just as the previous winter was notable for being the coldest of the Great War, summer 1917 would turn out to be the wettest. In Platt, June was largely dry and fine with temperatures [...]
20 May 2017 The Saturday morning working party was, once again, a very productive affair. Colin Moat had very kindly donated 3 trays of beautiful plants earlier in the week, all very suitable for the garden, they ranged [...]
June 2017 In a little over a months’ time we will have had possession of our new hall for one year, and it was this time last year we were making plans for our official opening ceremony which [...]
The Platt War Memorial
The impact of the Great War on Platt was immense as almost 50 families lost loved ones and accounted for about 25% of all the men from the parish who saw overseas service.
After the war it was felt that a memorial to those who had died should be erected in the parish, and following a number of public meetings it was decided that the structure should be incorporated into a village hall that would serve as a focal point for community activities. A local landowner donated a parcel of land with funding to build the hall eventually raised through public donations. The first Platt War Memorial Hall was officially opened on 18 November 1922 and has its own dedicated website. The war memorial was relocated brick-by-brick from the old structure to the new building in 2016, and also features a new bronze plaque of names for individuals who were not included on the original tablets.
The basic hire charges for use of the hall are set out below, however for more detailed information about additional facilities and commercial hire charges please visit the dedicated page using the following link.